Thursday, November 8, 2007

my addiction

Contrary to popular belief, I am not perfect :)
My weakness is books. I can go to the stores and resist clothes- and yes, even shoes- but if you take me to a book store I walk around drooling at all the pretty paper just begging me to pick it up and read it. Today Ken and I went to Gresham so I could take a couple of tests for school (a weekly event) and we stopped by the Christian Outlet afterwards. We went in so Ken could look for a book. What did we come out with? Oh yes, books for me and three little pamphlets for him! I have four new books to add to my reading list, and I'm looking forward to them!

Countering the Claims of Evangelical Feminism by Wayne Grudem
The Power of a Praying Woman by Stormie Omartian
A Kiss is Still a Kiss by Laura Jensen Walker
Defending Traditional Marriage by Willard F. Harley, Jr.

I'll let you know how I like them when I finally get to them. I'm thinking winter break will be a good time since I won't have class for a couple of weeks. I'm praying that I'll find time to relax and read one before then, but we'll see.

No comments: