Thursday, August 14, 2008

We've Made It!

As of today, we are officially in the second trimester! Yay! Praise God! This week my insurance finally approved a better anti-nausea drug, and I have finally been able to eat a meal or two each day, which is awesome. I will be able to gain a little weight, which is important at this point. I've lost 13lbs so far, so I should end up right back where I started when this is all done.

We had an appointment with the midwife on Tuesday, and weren't able to have an ultrasound, but we did have the chance to hear baby's heartbeat for the first time! That was a new and exciting thing for us. There was some concern about how baby was doing with me being so sick, but he/she has a very strong heartbeat and is doing a great job moving around. I get to stop taking my progesterone this weekend, and then I should start to feel radically better, so hopefully I won't need the nausea medication anymore. All of my restrictions will be over as well, and I'm looking forward to being able to do some things.

As the baby grows, he/she is starting to mess with my sciatic nerve, and causing me a good amount of pain. So while I feel better, I'm limited by what the pain allows my body to do. I'm hoping this doesn't last too long.

We don't have another appointment for a month, which is kind of exciting after having them every week or two for the past couple months. At the next appointment they'll schedule the 20 week ultrasound where we'll find out the sex of the baby. Only six weeks until we know- how time flies!

Our official due date is February 15, so not quite a Valentine's Day baby, which we are fine with! We appreciate all the prayers that have been sent up for us, and ask that you continue to pray for us and baby throughout the pregnancy. We are now in uncharted territory and it's both exciting and a little daunting!

3 comments:

Amy said...

yeah for uncharted waters. I will continue to pray everything goes well with your pregnancy!

Mrs. Sewell said...

You due date is on Malachi's birthday!!! LOL

I am glad to hear all is well with you and the baby! Can't wait to find out if the baby is a he or she!

God Bless
Crystal <><

The Emerson Family said...

Hey there....I am glad to see things are going well with you! I hope your nausea is over soon...I had it very severe also and would not wish it on anyone! Mine did go away around the 15th but it took me another month to get back to normal since I had been unable to keep food or liquid down for so long. The good news is that you will forget about it pretty quickly once your belly really starts growing. Congratulations!
Lisa