Sunday, August 24, 2008

do you really love Jesus?

On Fridays I go shopping with my sister Meredith and nephew Quinn. This past week we were coming home from the stores, and Quinn asked to hear the "Aunt Donna Song" which is what he calls "Oh! How I Love Jesus" on my cousin Tyrone Wells' CD. We usually end up listening to it a few times and all singing it together. Quinn is so amazing- he will say all the words to the song, including the parts for Tyrone, his dad, and Grandma Ruth.

My sister and I were talking, and from the back seat we hear, "Mom, do you love Jesus?"

"Yes, Quinn I love Jesus," Meredith replied.

More talking between Meredith and myself, then I realized that he was addressing me, "Aunt Court, do you love Jesus?"

"Yes, Quinn, I love Jesus," I said back.

"Do you really love Jesus?" He finished the verse.

"Yes I really love Jesus!" I am amazed that even a little child knows that Jesus is somebody we love. Of course Quinn won't understand all the sacrifices Jesus made for us for years, but for now he knows that Jesus loves him, and that's good enough reason for him to love Jesus back.

There's Childlike faith for all of you out there. Jesus loves me, and that's good enough reason for me to love Him. In fact, Jesus loves us so much and so wants to glorify the Father that He willingly gave up His own life that we may have the opportunity to have life with Him for eternity. What greater love is there?

No comments: