Wednesday, January 23, 2008

in memory of my baby


Yes, I took the picture myself, and the arrangement has meaning. When I was at the hospital, I was given a packet of stuff to help me understand and cope with the loss of my child. The background of the picture is a black velvet journal that I can write my thoughts and feelings down in, and reflect on them later. It will help me see how far I've come. The picture of the leaf with the teardrop has its own meaning. On the back of the card it says, "The leaf with the teardrop reflects both intense suffering of loss and hope for the future. Though fallen, the leaf maintains its vitality symbolizing hope. It cradles the teardrop with its upturned edges creating a sense of comfort. As seasons change, so do feelings. Just as there is winter and spring, there is sadness and hope." (Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center). The stone heart represents the baby, a part of our hearts, and we keep it in memory of him/her.

No comments: